Please see our "A Farewell to Our Friends" topic for a message about the future of our forum community.

A Farewell to Our Friends

This is the place to come to learn about any new developments, events or announcements that have to do with the LoM site.

Site Admin

Guild Member

Post Tue Mar 03, 2015 8:59 am

A Farewell to Our Friends

Dear Friends,

The time has come to close our site. It is one of the most difficult decisions we have ever had to make. We are --bit by bit-- moving on to new things, growing apart, and although that is sad, it is also just as it should be. We had hoped to continue to grow here together, but the fact is there is just no place like our beloved Free Realms! And so, we come to the time when we need to make the decision to go. We choose to end, and end well, not linger and wither.

Thank you! Thank you for all of the fun you have brought into our lives. It would not have been the same without each one of you. Your creativity, your sense of fun, the way you care for each other. You have simply made this place what it was -- as grand an adventure as there ever was, a home, a party, a refuge, a family.

Here is how our closing is going to work;

• This thread and the RP forum will remain open for posting for two weeks. On the 17th of March, those will also be locked.
  • We will keep the site open for private messages (PM) until the end of April.

We love you all so! It has been an absolute joy to get to know you, to celebrate with you, to be encouragers together with you, and to spend hours upon hours in game with you. We consider it a great privilege to have been a part of something so wonderful with you. And oh! We will find such delight in remembering you.

Though our site is closing,
MAYHEM lives! It lives and breathes and grows as long as we remember. How could we ever forget? What a gift!

Please remember that you can find us in Villagers & Heroes every Saturday for our weekly Mystic Mayhem's Get Together.

With our love to each of you and our hope for beautiful every-days for you,
Zoo, Steffy, Marisol, Layla, Ragu, Feldon, Ahli and Ravix

Helpful Hooligan

Guild Member

Post Tue Mar 03, 2015 10:37 am

Re: A Farewell to Our Friends

I can't believe that it has come down to this. I don't know what to say. There are no words that can express how I feel right now. :nope

Pixie Pwnage

Guild Member

Post Tue Mar 03, 2015 10:42 am

Wh-What?!! NO!!!!!!!! Guys... Why?!!! NOOO

Witty Wizard

Guild Member

Post Tue Mar 03, 2015 11:44 am

OMGosh I can't believe this.......this is very sad news :cry: I met some really great people here & I will miss you all after it closes,I hope we can all find a way to keep in touch.

Helpful Hooligan

Guild Member

Post Tue Mar 03, 2015 11:55 am

I am... semi-speechless... Honestly what do you say when something that has occupied almost 2 years of your life ends? Nothing will be able to fill this void for a long time, not after all the friends I've made, and all the work and planning I put into he Rp thread.....

Trouble Maker

Post Tue Mar 03, 2015 12:33 pm

Sad, but perhaps overdue.

Alita shall miss this site as much as she misses Free Realms itself. They shall both occupy a special place in her mind for a long time to come, and now they shall do so together. This is perhaps fitting in its own way, for they have always belonged together despite the staffs valiant efforts to continue it.

Alita knows few of you but, if you were a part of the "Mayhem" you are a special person. Alita will remember you all, staff and members alike, and wishes you the best as you go forward from here.

Alita wishes to thank the staff for allowing mail to continue functioning so that those of us that wish can establish new contacts with one another. She also appreciates the fact that having access to the site for a few weeks will allow here to steal errr... retrieve a few things from the archives while the opportunity exists.

Alita's last post.
Maybe...
Maybe not.
:mrgreen:

Buzzing Bixie

Guild Member

Post Tue Mar 03, 2015 12:35 pm

This is saddening news. I gasped out loud when I read it, not sure if I was reading right. It will be hard to get over once the site is gone, but we all have to remember how much time and work it takes to keep a website going. That and not many people are very active on this site since Free Realms closing.

Please, let us take time to thank our staff that has been with us for all the years. It is as hard on them as it is on you. Blaming them and pointing fingers or being mad at them for not trying harder isn't going to do anything. Thank you guys for trying to keep us all together after the closing of our game. You guys are the best! ^_^

Yacking Yeti

Guild Member

Post Tue Mar 03, 2015 1:49 pm

What!? Nooo! I'm sad to see this is happening :crycry: :crycry: :crycry: It makes me sad to see this wonderful website go.. even though I haven't been on much since the closing of Free Realms. I guess we will all go our separate paths now. Good things can't last forever. I for sure will forever cherish all the wonderful people and memories I have made on this site. I have been part of MM for .. 3.. or 2 and a half years now! I'm glad I spent those years with you guys . You guys are like a family to me, as we play on other games. I will miss all of you and hope at least a fair amount of us can keep in touch! <3 Thank you so much staff for all the effort in this site and the events on FR and V&H which were made. As I am typing this there is sad music coming on the TV which is not helping with this at all lol. I love you all and hope we can stay in touch! MM will forever be in my heart <3 :thumbsup Candy-Thief :silly:

Buzzing Bixie

Guild Member

Post Tue Mar 03, 2015 1:49 pm

What....why??? I cant believe this is happening.. :cry: I met so many friends hopefully we can all find a way to keep it touch.

Helpful Hooligan

Guild Member

Post Tue Mar 03, 2015 1:55 pm

I can't say I'm surprised because this isn't really a big shock to me, in a way.

Mystic Mayhem was formed on the foundation of Free Realms, and would continued to have been to this day if it was still up and going (or at least I hope). It has been hard for me to come around here as much since FR did close down, and I'm not afraid to admit that either. I was very surprised you guys still remained opened even after a year of FR closure, but you guys stuck it through and made it fun.

While I am saddened to hear the site being closed down, I am not entirely angry over it either; MM has done its job, and it's winding down, and I respect that decision entirely.

Best of wishes to everyone, and good luck on future endeavors. These guys deserve a break; being a guild leader (and site leader) is tough, and I know that from my experience with my GW2 guild, WISE. You guys will have them still added in the games you play (if you play with them).

-Lanthun

Buzzing Bixie

Guild Member

Post Tue Mar 03, 2015 2:48 pm

It has been a fun time with everyone over the past 2 years. I know I have not posted much on the forums in forever however I still talked to many of you through games. Free realms was a chapter it closed and opened a new door, Free realms Mayhem now closes and it opens another new door. Don't think of it as goodbye think of it as a new chapter. There are many awesome people I have met from Mystic Mayhem and I know that will never change (You all know who you are). Thanks for the fun times everyone, I know many more to come!

Helpful Hooligan

Post Tue Mar 03, 2015 3:23 pm

I was planning on quitting anyway XD

Witty Wizard

Post Tue Mar 03, 2015 3:25 pm

I'm trying to think of ways for people to contact me, but I can't, really. And I'm also trying to think of ways to say goodbye in an amazing, loving manner, but I'm blanking with that.

Mystic Mayhem has been my home for years now, and I'm sad that it's going to be gone, but I'm reflective and understanding as well. I've had a lot of fun with everyone on this site, and on Free Realms. For those of you outraged, think of it like this:
The site has been becoming less and less active over the months. And the less people on the site and the longer it's up, the more money goes down the drain from Steph and Zoo.

I really do love most of you. :hearts :hearts

"How lucky am I to have something that makes saying goodbye so hard.
-Winnie the Pooh

Goodbye friends, and until next time,

-Spencer Oldmind :magic
Last edited by Spencer Oldmind on Tue Mar 03, 2015 9:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Witty Wizard

Guild Member

Post Tue Mar 03, 2015 3:44 pm

This was inevitable tbh.., But I'm in contact with the ppl I wanna stay in contact with so.... Bye
I'll miss y'all..
Last edited by Khyber on Tue Mar 03, 2015 6:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Brilliant Bandit

Guild Member

Post Tue Mar 03, 2015 4:16 pm

Farewell to all :(

Yacking Yeti

Guild Member

Post Tue Mar 03, 2015 4:20 pm

Same, I'm in contact with the people I wanna stay in contact with.. it's still sad to hear this site has to go.. :( :(
Farewell.. :crycry:

Penguin Prodigy

Post Tue Mar 03, 2015 4:20 pm

Met some really amazing people here.
I'm not really sure on what to say other then that I'll miss you guys. Thanks for being my "internet friends."

...remember me for centuries

Witty Wizard

Guild Member

Post Tue Mar 03, 2015 4:25 pm

If any one wants to contact me let me know I still have game servers open just PM me for my gaming e-mail :)

Jen

Helpful Hooligan

Guild Member

Post Tue Mar 03, 2015 4:35 pm

I'm in shock right now.. I knew this day would eventually come, but I didn't expect it right now.

Mystic Mayhem has given me the chance to make wonderful new friendships that I will never forget. This site is and will be like a home for me, and nothing can change that. A big THANK YOU to the staff and admins here, who have put so much of their time, effort, and love into this whole thing. I hope to keep in contact with you all (if I'm not already), and keep making memories even after FRM is gone.

I love you all with my whole heart. ♥

~Jen

Yacking Yeti

Guild Member

Post Tue Mar 03, 2015 5:49 pm

I needed some time to calm down, but now I'm ready to post.

I want to understand why this is all happening? I thought having this website was what was going to keep us together after Free Realms. I don't want to see this website go. I really don't. I've had some pretty dark and rough times in my life and this website was what kept me going. There were times when you guys were all I got. For the past four years I've been able to call you all family. After Free Realms, this was the only way to keep in touch with all of you. I don't want to beg, but I feel like at this point it has come to that.

Please don't go...

I'm not a part of Villagers & Heroes, but from what I assume those Saturday get together's will soon fade out. I I need the fun. I need the friendships. I need the creativity.

I need the love.

Never did I think this chapter in my life would end so soon...
I hope this isn't goodbye.
Next

Return to Legends of Mayhem News and Information