Please see our "A Farewell to Our Friends" topic for a message about the future of our forum community.

A Farewell to Our Friends

This is the place to come to learn about any new developments, events or announcements that have to do with the LoM site.

Moldy Mushroom

Post Tue Mar 03, 2015 5:50 pm

Re: A Farewell to Our Friends

Awwww :cry: :cry: I honestly can't believe this is happening. :nope I'll miss you all, though I only have contact with few people, I wish I had more contact. But I guess this is farewell. :(

Pixie Pwnage

Guild Member

Post Tue Mar 03, 2015 6:28 pm

Complete shock.

I can't believe it would end so quickly, It was expected, but I'd think for a few more years, maybe? I'm going to miss you guys :cry:

I'm speechless as of now, but I love you all <3

Brilliant Bandit

Guild Member

Post Tue Mar 03, 2015 6:54 pm

I kinda of knew this was coming. But not now.

I mean the forums declined activity, Free Realms was gone and no one had an interest in going to other games, SOE closed ( well was sold to another company). Don't take this post personal but I feel like that was the reason why it's going to close. Or maybe my hypothesis is wrong.. maybe it's personal.

I have a proposal to create another of these.

Jen

Helpful Hooligan

Guild Member

Post Tue Mar 03, 2015 7:14 pm

Mystic Mayhem means a lot to me. It may not mean as much as it does now than in the future, but it will always have a special spot in my heart. Everyone, and I mean EVERYONE here has truly been a blessing to me and I couldn't be happier that I've found you all. I have had so much fun and made so many memories that will stay with me forever. I've said it once and I'll say it again- I. LOVE. YOU. ALL.

I wish everyone the best, and hope to meet up with you all in Guild Wars 2, Landmark, or whatever else it may be soon. Until then, all my love,

~Jen ♥
:butterflyblue :butterflyorange
Last edited by Jen on Wed Mar 04, 2015 7:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Helpful Hooligan

Post Tue Mar 03, 2015 7:39 pm

Error43 wrote:Met some really amazing people here.
I'm not really sure on what to say other then that I'll miss you guys. Thanks for being my "internet friends."

...remember me for centuries

I will
I love that song so much btw

Moldy Mushroom

Post Tue Mar 03, 2015 7:48 pm

Hi everyone. I'm very sad to know LOM is closing. Although I just joined in August, I really enjoyed the time I spent on the site and meeting all you people. I would like to sincerely thank all the site members, players, and staff members for everything; for all their hard work, fun we've had, and for supporting everyone after the sunset of Free Realms and through other problems. Mystic Mayhem is truly a wonderful gift. I never joined the guild, but I've always been of fan of you guys! I wish nothing but the absolute best for everyone:) I'll never forget LOM and it's nice to know the guild will still exist. I don't play Villagers and Heroes much, but my character's name is Alison Oceanbreeze. Maybe I'll bump into one of you! I won't forget LOM, the people, and everything we've accomplished. Long live the Mayhem! :cooldude:

Helpful Hooligan

Post Tue Mar 03, 2015 9:56 pm

FR is dead forever and soon this website will be as well.. it's basically like FRM is on life support

Yacking Yeti

Guild Member

Post Tue Mar 03, 2015 10:16 pm

For the past couple hours, I've really been thinking about this whole situation.
I don't think it's right to leave here with my previous post. Yes, I'm going to miss this site dearly(probably more than I've missed actual people), but like many of you mentioned, all good things must come to an end. I'll miss checking this site each and every day, looking for a friend to talk to. This community has got me through really hard times. Whether it be at school, home, socially, or personally. All of you always had my back. You all taught me a lot. You guys taught me self-awareness, the importance of "hope," to never give up, how to love, the true meaning of friendship, but most of all...

The importance of memories.

I will miss each and every one of you, and I will never forget the memories we've shared. Just as long as you don't forget about me! Cherish the things you love and the people you love. You don't know how long they're going to be around for. Even though these four years of love and family are coming to a close, I will always hold them in a special place in my heart. The Saturday get-together's may fade out, but I will make time to see all of you there as much as I can. If any of you would like to keep in touch, I know the RPers are going to be relocating, but anyone else, don't hesitate to PM me.

Before, I finish this up, I just want to thank the following for making this chapter in my life so very special:
Skrill, Bradley, Smiley Steph, Jade Emeraldflare, Colt, Dalilah, Ame, Spencer, Ragu, Aidan (Zio), Captain Awesome (Kalen), everyone in the Role Play, Marisol, Ravix, Stephanie, Zadira, and the rest of the community. I'm so fortunate to call you all family.

Goodbye my friends...
For now.

Den :geek:

Yacking Yeti

Guild Member

Post Tue Mar 03, 2015 10:38 pm

One of my fondest memories with you all would have to be this.

I'm tearing up just listening to the music paired with the video. At least we have videos like these that will never rid of our memories.

Pixie Pwnage

Guild Member

Post Tue Mar 03, 2015 11:11 pm

Denton wrote:For the past couple hours, I've really been thinking about this whole situation.
I don't think it's right to leave here with my previous post. Yes, I'm going to miss this site dearly(probably more than I've missed actual people), but like many of you mentioned, all good things must come to an end. I'll miss checking this site each and every day, looking for a friend to talk to. This community has got me through really hard times. Whether it be at school, home, socially, or personally. All of you always had my back. You all taught me a lot. You guys taught me self-awareness, the importance of "hope," to never give up, how to love, the true meaning of friendship, but most of all...

The importance of memories.

I will miss each and every one of you, and I will never forget the memories we've shared. Just as long as you don't forget about me! Cherish the things you love and the people you love. You don't know how long they're going to be around for. Even though these four years of love and family are coming to a close, I will always hold them in a special place in my heart. The Saturday get-together's may fade out, but I will make time to see all of you there as much as I can. If any of you would like to keep in touch, I know the RPers are going to be relocating, but anyone else, don't hesitate to PM me.

Before, I finish this up, I just want to thank the following for making this chapter in my life so very special:
Skrill, Bradley, Smiley Steph, Jade Emeraldflare, Colt, Dalilah, Ame, Spencer, Ragu, Aidan (Zio), Captain Awesome (Kalen), everyone in the Role Play, Marisol, Ravix, Stephanie, Zadira, and the rest of the community. I'm so fortunate to call you all family.

Goodbye my friends...
For now.

Den :geek:

Thanks Denton!!!

Buzzing Bixie

Post Tue Mar 03, 2015 11:44 pm

This is tragic news but I highly respect it and the entire staff. You've held this community tightly for years and if it weren't for FR closing, I'd imagine it would have grown into so much more. You were the last hope for people seeking a friendly Free Realms and you sure delivered. I'm glad the site stayed on for this long and I'm glad you all stuck together for this long. Good Luck to everybody with whatever they'll be doing from now on!

Site Admin

Chief Tech Monkey

Post Wed Mar 04, 2015 9:14 am

You know what makes me mad?

• Someone on Youtube who brings false hope to a bunch of kids who are missing their favorite game!
  • Someone on Youtube who lies to Zadira about why he wants to use her videos and then puts together this tosh.
  • Someone on Youtube who deletes any comments he doesn't like, including several from Zadira.
  • Someone on Youtube who is just running a big nasty scam and making advertising money in the process.

SOE turned off the game -- they have no more vested interest in it. If there was a real chance that FreeRealms could come back, I would be all in favor of it. But I don't think this is anything more than someone breaking kids' hearts for profit.

Buzzing Bixie

Guild Member

Post Wed Mar 04, 2015 9:23 am

feldon30 wrote:You know what makes me mad?

• Someone on Youtube who brings false hope to a bunch of kids who are missing their favorite game!
  • Someone on Youtube who lies to Zadira about why he wants to use her videos and then puts together this tosh.
  • Someone on Youtube who deletes any comments he doesn't like, including several from Zadira.
  • Someone on Youtube who is just running a big nasty scam and making advertising money in the process.

SOE turned off the game -- they have no more vested interest in it. If there was a real chance that FreeRealms could come back, I would be all in favor of it. But I don't think this is anything more than someone breaking kids' hearts for profit.

Well said, Feldon, well said. Makes me sick that they would even do this.

Guild Member

Post Wed Mar 04, 2015 11:55 am

Well said, Feldon.

This is not the tear filled, mushy, goodbye post that I had planned to put here. I will get to that later, but before then, there is something I want to comment on.

Now that SOE has sold out to Daybreak, who can say what the future holds? There are however some things that are fact, and those facts can not be changed by hope, debate, or speculation.

The code, characters, storyline.... EVERYTHING that comprised what we knew as Free Realms, is the intellectual property of SOE, now Daybreak Games. The fact that they closed out the game does not give anyone else a legal right to make use of that property.
If I were to quit driving my car, would it become the property of the first person to come along and drive it away?
Of course not.
That property would only change hands if I decided to sell the car, and SOE has clearly stated that they will under no circumstances sell the rights to produce Free Realms to any party not directly affiliated with SOE.

In the unlikely event that Free Realms were to be brought back, you would learn of that fact from those that own the rights to it. ANYTHING you hear, from ANYONE else has zero merit, is not to be trusted, and a waste of time to even consider.

Hope and faith are wonderful things, but be on guard against those that will try to sell you false hope, and wary of those that ask for your faith without having earned it.

Witty Wizard

Guild Member

Post Wed Mar 04, 2015 2:06 pm

Well finally, Thank you Feldon. thank you.

"Ha the Fun Realms is one heck'va smart guy, makes up fake idea of something that alot of people love, promises...(idk) like a few hundred or less people, doesn't go through with what was said and finally great disappointment. "
Last edited by Khyber on Wed Mar 04, 2015 2:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Guild Member

Post Wed Mar 04, 2015 3:51 pm

I believe Feldon and Layla have said all that needs to be said on that subject. So I expect that there will be no further discussion about that.

This thread was created to express your feelings about this site, its members and staff, and any memories you have of your time with us. Please let's keep it that way. Thank you.

Yacking Yeti

Guild Member

Post Wed Mar 04, 2015 6:12 pm

Just like the Free Realms shut down, I saw this coming awhile ago, sadly...

I and many other members of this community also play Guild Wars 2, feel free to add me in game. you can add me by the following username, "Grayson Stonyahmmer.2915" (typo is meant to be there). I wish everyone luck on their gaming journey.

I know the staff have worked hard to try and keep the site going for as long as possible, but sadly things aren't working out. I tried my best to keep the site going swell, but sadly none worked out well. Just like Free Realms, I will be having memories and adventures that I would never have experienced without this community. It's time for me to say my pardoning and move on.

~ Grayson Stonyhammer :flower

Brilliant Bandit

Guild Member

Post Wed Mar 04, 2015 6:54 pm

I know I have not been here much since Free Realms went down, and I offer my sincerest apologies for that; just like Lanthun/Joe's reason, it's just been hard for me to come around. Like Lanthun, I'm not really surprised the site went down. I know how much this site means to everyone, even me and I know the staff even more, and I know it is hard to give something like this up but I do believe it was something that was going to happen sooner or later. I know we tried, and try hard we did, to keep the site going after Free Realms shut down but that was our big thing to tie us all together, the one thing that we all had in common and when that went away - so did most of the people, me including.

I hope no one takes this the wrong way, but I'm somewhat glad that the site is going down. No, not in the way that I relish other's sadness, but just that I was never here and while I know others were, it was just too hard for me to come here because it reminded me of so much that I used to have with Free Realms. Yes, I am sad to see this site go, but when I would log in and say something here and there I would be ignored and I felt alone.

Yes, I sadly left the iYQ guild on Guild Wars but anyone who wishes to stay in contact with me can add me on there via this username: Jinora.4127
You can also find me here occasionally on Landmark: Jinora - Confidence, Hilltop OR Confidence, Gully

I wish everyone the best in the days to come, may you persevere in the dark days ahead and always know that there is a light at the end of the tunnel.

And with that, I bid you all farewell. May we meet again somewhere, sometime, and I do hope you all will continue to live a fabulous life.

Thank you for all the memories, and thank you all for being there for me when I would be down and for being like a family to me.
Thank you all, truly.

Love,
Daisy

"Happiness can be found
Even in the darkest of times,
If one only remembers
To turn on the light."
~Albus Dumbledore
Last edited by Brooke Emeraldflame on Thu Mar 05, 2015 2:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Penguin Prodigy

Guild Member

Post Wed Mar 04, 2015 7:23 pm

I really don't know what to say. I guess I kinda knew that the site was gonna go down because this was made for Free Realms and just Free Realms. The site has died down ever since the game shut down. Some old friends have even left us.

Anyway, I guess I could show some empathy for the site because it was actually my home where I could talk about anything I needed to and get the help I could. Just to escape life. I've made a lot of friends and I don't know how else I could keep in touch with them besides games. I'd hate to lose them all because honestly, they're better than real life friends. They understand you half of the time and can actually help you out. I've had a lot of fun over the past, what, three years? Four? Anyway, I really don't want the site to leave but like I said, I knew it was coming to an end. Some things have to end. This is definitely not a goodbye though. Thanks for the memories.

Moldy Mushroom

Post Wed Mar 04, 2015 7:50 pm

Being the newest to this site I haven't got much say. A few people know me and they can for most have ways to contact me. I will say I wish the those few people I have gotten to know even a little bit that are sad by this that they get lots of comfort over what I can guess from what people been replying going to be hard on them.

That's the long and short of my thoughts.
PreviousNext

Return to Legends of Mayhem News and Information