Please see our "A Farewell to Our Friends" topic for a message about the future of our forum community.

Farewell, Starry Knight.

Be sure and check here for any news or information about updates to the game.

Guild Member

Post Thu Dec 11, 2014 7:11 pm

Farewell, Starry Knight.

This past summer, the staff of this forum were encouraged to try a game recommended to us by one of our newer members. I approached this new game, Villagers and Heroes of a Mystical Land, with a certain degree of trepidation. I did not feel at that time that we were likely to find a game that would measure up to the one this forum began with, Free Realms, but I was determined to at least give it a try in the hope that it would mesh well with the theme of this site, and the expectations of its members. As I began to dig into V&H, I discovered to my dismay that I had overlooked one of the most fundamental aspects of what makes most any game a pleasure to play; the community within the game itself. In hindsight, it is a little difficult to overlook the V&H community. While I found the staff and moderators of this game were much in tune with its players, it was that tightly knit community of players itself that drew me in. The players welcomed us without reservation, and were quick to offer us assistance in a variety of ways. I do not think it would be untrue to say that we owe our current presence in this game to that community of fellow players; a community to which we now belong. We made many new friends beginning with our first day, and some of those friends went above and beyond our expectations. I would like to take the time to name them all, but I believe they will gladly stand aside so that I might mention one of those friends in particular.

Starry Knight, known at the Official V&H Forums as Snowy Kat, was among the first to welcome us into the V&H community. It is because of members like her that I became convinced we had found a community worth belonging to.

As most of you know, we lost Starry to illness on the afternoon of December 6th, 2014. Sadly, we did not have much time to get to know Starry, but it does not take much time to understand when you have stumbled across a remarkable person. The owners, staff, and members of the Legends of Mayhem forums would like to take this moment to thank Starry for that which she has left to us. The friendly atmosphere in-game, and at the V&H forums are fueled by the love and efforts of players like Starry. Regardless of where we spend our time, it is the Starry Knights that light our days.

Of all the comments I have seen posted since Starry's passing, this excerpt posted to the V&H forums by Sarah Otter, speaks most clearly.

"This little game exists because of individuals like Starry, keeps us lit – her passion, her analytical critiques, her unending willingness to always help out others. A burning flame has gone out tonight. Thank you, Starry, for sharing your warmth with us." ~Sarah Otter

Sarah tells us the team of "Mad Otter plans on creating an in-game tribute to Starry, so that she will forever be immortalized within Villagers and Heroes."In addition to this, Mad Otter will assist Starry's guild, <Sapphire Dragons> in hosting "The Celebration of Life for Starry Knight," which will be held on Saturday, December 13th at 8 pm EST."

A follow up post will be made to this article on the the Villagers & Heroes board for those seeking additional information.

Our condolences to the family and friends of Starry Knight, and our gratitude to you for sharing her with us. She will be missed, and she will be remembered.

Credits:
Starry, Starry Night. by Dan McLean.
Quoted excerpts from The Official Villagers and Heroes forum.

~LL

Guild Member

Post Thu Dec 11, 2014 7:35 pm

Re: Farewell, Starry Knight.

For those wishing to leave a comment, or to attend "The Celebration of Life for Starry Knight," please visit this thread by Ahliadre, in the Events section of the V&H board.
be sure to follow the instructions for picking up a free temporary costume provided by Mad Otter.

For those wishing to read the original thread concerning Starrys illness, you can do so here on The Official V&H forum,
Or here for the Legends of Mayhem version

Return to V&H News, Updates, and Downtimes