Please see our "A Farewell to Our Friends" topic for a message about the future of our forum community.

Villagers & Heroes Advent Calendar

Be sure and check here for any news or information about updates to the game.

Guild Member

Post Sun Nov 30, 2014 11:09 pm

Villagers & Heroes Advent Calendar

The holidays are officially on their way in Villagers & Heroes!
The game's version of an Advent Calendar started on December 1st!

That's right, folks... it's now December! So when midnight rolled around in your time zone, the Ardent Holiday Calendar popped up!

Make sure to log in to your account each day, from now through Christmas Eve, December 24th. If the calendar does not pop up for you, you should see an icon for it by the mini-map, with the Shop Bag and Lucky Card icons.

Click on the present for that day and the item will automatically be added to your Inventory bag. Make sure to open it on the character you want to receive it, since it's only one per server and it's not tradeable.

The items have a count-down timer on them, which means you have only one week to use them.

I will be keeping a list of what I receive each day. As far as I can tell right now, the order of the items is random, but I would think that we would each get the same total list of 24. Please feel free to post what you receive, so we can compare.

Happy Holidays!

Guild Member

Post Sun Nov 30, 2014 11:12 pm

Re: Villagers & Heroes Advent Calendar

Day 1 and 2
Image Image

Day 3 and 4
Image Image

Day 5 and 6
Image Image

Day 7 and 8
Image Image

Day 9 and 10
Image Image

Day 11 and 12
Image Image

Day 13 and 14
Image Image

Day 15 and 16
Image Image

Day 17 and 18
Image Image

Day 19 and 20
Image Image

Day 21 and 22
Image Image

Day 23

Day 24 bundle
Image Image Image Image

I hope you were able to enjoy all of your free gifts!

Guild Member

Post Mon Dec 01, 2014 4:13 am

So unfair! :(

You get hot chocolate, and all I get are Reindeer droppings? The only use I can see for them is to sell to the vendor for 50 coppers.
So, we know we do not get the same gift every day, but I can't help but wonder if we get the same 24 gifts in the end? Probably so I would imagine, but we will find out for sure soon enough.

• Day - 01: Reindeer Droppings. vendor item. sold for 50 copper.
  • Day - 02: Christmas Spirit. +10% spirit boost, 12 hours.
  • Day - 03: Hot Chocolate. Health Regen. Health recovery boosted 25% faster in combat, 50% faster out of combat. 12 hours.
  • Day - 04: Holiday Cider. Spirit Regen. Spirit recovery boosted 25% faster in combat, 50% faster out of combat. 12 hours.
  • Day - 05: Santa's Blessing. Mega Looter - X20. 1 use.
  • Day - 06: Half-eaten Gingerbread Cookie. Half heal.
  • Day - 07: Small Stocking Stuffer. Clockwork Harvester - X10. 1 use.
  • Day - 08: Christmas Cheer. +10% Health boost, 12 hours.
  • Day - 09: Villagers Jolly Candy Cane. Holiday Villager XP boost. 20%, 4 hours.+
  • Day - 10: Fruitcake. anti-wobble.
  • Day - 11: Greater Christmas Cheer. +20% Lg Health boost, 12 hours.
  • Day - 12: Eggnog. Full spirit.
  • Day - 13: Hot Chocolate with Marshmallows. Spirit Regen. 25% faster in combat, 50% faster out of combat. 12 hours.
  • Day - 14: Lump of Coal.
  • Day - 15: 10 Use Santas Blessing. X20 Megalooter.
  • Day - 16: Greater Christmas Spirit. 20% Spirit increase. 12 hours.

*EDIT:
Why the strike through?
Because it is obvious at this point that everyone is going to get the same thing, though not in the same order.
Since Marisol is already updating the OP on a daily basis, I will leave it to her to give us the definitive list, and turn my attentions elsewhere.
Thanks for posting, Marisol, and thanks as well for following this through to its conclusion.

** I have noticed there is a mistake in the way Mad Otter described this event. It says to be sure to open the calendar on the character you wish to have the item, as you can only claim one daily item per account. This statement is not completely accurate. The actual limitation is one daily item, per server, on your account.
If you have characters on US1 & US2, you can open the calender for one of your characters on US1, then switch servers and open it again for one of your character on US2.

Buzzing Bixie

Guild Member

Post Mon Dec 01, 2014 6:33 am

I got a Santa's Blessing-a mega looter. :)

Day 1--Santa's Blessing

Site Admin

Guild Member

Post Mon Dec 01, 2014 6:34 am

My dear Layla, we are on the same path - The 24 Reindeer Dropping Path. Aren't we lucky? ;) :party

I have to say that I just love Advent Calendars - in game and in real. Yup, I know it could make me childish, but I love them. :-D

Jan, is there no end to your luck now? Way to go!! :thumbsup

Marisol, thank you so much for posting. If you can bake an apple pie I will be there in ca. 10 hours to share the hot chocolate with you. Ok? :mrgreen:

Guild Member

Post Mon Dec 01, 2014 2:33 pm

Yay for presents ^_^
Boo for the poo ): I thought that was a joke at first!

I rec'd a candy cane today...
+20% villager exp - lasts for 4 hours

Witty Wizard

Guild Member

Post Mon Dec 01, 2014 8:47 pm

Seems like you are all having a blast,I feel so left out :( maybe one day I will join you all on my old account just let me know how the X-Mas event goes :) at least knowing will make me happy :).

Guild Member

Post Tue Dec 02, 2014 12:06 am

Updated list with picture of Day 2 -- Christmas Cheer
(10% health increase, lasts 12 hours)

Helpful Hooligan

Guild Member

Post Tue Dec 02, 2014 6:29 am

I got a candy cane the first day

Buzzing Bixie

Guild Member

Post Tue Dec 02, 2014 1:22 pm

Rain deer droppings... Rav, my luck does end.

Guild Member

Post Tue Dec 02, 2014 8:41 pm

Ugh - same here!
Welcome to the poo crew (in need of a barf smiley)

Guild Member

Post Tue Dec 02, 2014 10:57 pm

Day 3 added to list... Half-Eaten Gingerbread Cookie
(restores half health during combat)

Guild Member

Post Wed Dec 03, 2014 10:23 pm

Day 4 is my day for the Reindeer Droppings. :puzzled
(sell to vendor for 50 copper)

Site Admin

Guild Member

Post Thu Dec 04, 2014 6:44 am

YAY! Marisol, I am so happy for you! :party

Guild Member

Post Thu Dec 04, 2014 1:39 pm

Aww, Mari! *sends clothespin for nose*

My days 3 & 4 were: fruitcake (wobbles pot) & small stocking stuffer (clockwork harvest x1)

Guild Member

Post Thu Dec 04, 2014 2:12 pm

Sorry to be posting this so late.

I know that this does not apply to many of you but, I have noticed there is a mistake in the way this event was described.
It says to be sure to open the calendar on the character you wish to have the item, as you can only claim one daily item per account. This statement is not completely accurate.
The actual limitation is one daily item, per server, on your account.
If you have characters on US1 & US2, you can open the calender for one of your characters on US1, then switch servers and open it again for one of your character on US2.

Guild Member

Post Fri Dec 05, 2014 7:42 am

Day 5 picture added... Fruit Cake
(anti-wobble)

Layla Littlenymph wrote:The actual limitation is one daily item, per server, on your account.

That would be my fault. I've apparently already gotten into the habit of describing things the way Mad Otter does... where account means server.

I've had to purchase those bundle packs on each server, then ask for a refund of crowns for one of them because, even though the item description states "gnog options will be available account-wide", they only ever appear on the characters on the server where I bought the pack.

Anyway... OP edited.

Yacking Yeti

Post Fri Dec 05, 2014 2:19 pm

That is soo cool! Thanks Marisol for posting this

Guild Member

Post Sat Dec 06, 2014 11:30 am

Marisol wrote:
Layla Littlenymph wrote:The actual limitation is one daily item, per server, on your account.

That would be my fault. I've apparently already gotten into the habit of describing things the way Mad Otter does... where account means server.

I've had to purchase those bundle packs on each server, then ask for a refund of crowns for one of them because, even though the item description states "gnog options will be available account-wide", they only ever appear on the characters on the server where I bought the pack.

Anyway... OP edited.

Not your fault at all. :nope
The way the character count is done with V&H is so different from what most every other game out there does, it probably confuses the Mad Otter itself.
Perhaps that's one of the things that drove it Mad to begin with?

This is the only game I have seen that allows you to create the max number of characters possible on every server, limits you to one account, but treats the characters from different servers as if they are unique accounts in some instances, but not others. For instance, some of those costume packs you mentioned say for every character on your account, but are only available to the characters on the server you redeem them on. on the other hand, it says the same thing for the Ardent Society Membership, which DOES cover every character on your account, on every server you play.

I guess it is done that way to avoid issues with things like share vaults, since characters from one server are unable to interact with characters on another server. I suppose that makes sense from a programmers perspective, but it is confusing to the average player. At any rate, you did not do anything wrong by reporting things in the manner the Mad Otter expressed. You actually have to get in game and experiment to get a true idea of what is or is not considered "account wide" from an Otters perspective.

I don't really understand Otters. :?:
It's enough to make a player go Mad. :?

Guild Member

Post Sun Dec 07, 2014 8:39 am

Day 6 and 7 pictures added:

Small Stocking Stuffer -- Clockwork Harvester (10x rate, 1 use)
Holiday Cider -- Spirit Regen (25% in combat, 50% out of combat, lasts 12 hours)
Next

Return to V&H News, Updates, and Downtimes