Please see our "A Farewell to Our Friends" topic for a message about the future of our forum community.

*Updated* Goodbye Spooky Town, Hello Harvest Celebration.

Be sure and check here for any news or information about updates to the game.

Guild Member

Post Fri Nov 21, 2014 4:01 pm

*Updated* Goodbye Spooky Town, Hello Harvest Celebration.

It is a difficult task to post news when one does not know all the facts, but news is news, and here are the facts as I know them.

First, the Spooky Town event in V&H will come to a close next week. The exact date that it will end has not been determined, but according to Sarah Otter at the V&H forum, we will be given a minimum of a 24 hour notice. When I have the exact date I will edit this article to include it. In the meantime, if there are tasks you still wish to accomplish in Spooky Town, be advised that time is short in which to do so.

Second, when Spooky Town closes, the Harvest Celebration will be installed in the same patch. Out with the old, and in with the new. So, what exactly is the Harvest Celebration? Well... the only thing I am free to share at this time is the screenshot at the beginning of this article. I will share details as soon as I am allowed to do so, but the most important detail to share at this time is that a new world event will be launching in V&H sometime next week. I regret that I must leave it as something of a mystery, but new events and content are always something to look forward to, and I am looking forward to being able to share what the folks at Mad Otter have in store for us... "coming soon."

Third, If you have been following the discussion at the V&H forum, there are some improvements in the works for Ranching. It has been insinuated that these changes would be implemented ASAP in a future patch. Could this perhaps be that patch? On this particular issue, you will know as soon as I do, but be assured that we will do our best to post any changes to Ranching should they come to pass.

Looking forward to an exciting week to come in Villagers and Heroes, and hope to see you there.

* EDIT:

This just posted on the V&H Forum,

"Hi, Everyone,
If all goes well, the Harvest Patch will go live tomorrow (Wednesday at the latest.) So please consider this your 24 hour notice that Spooky Town will be leaving at that time. Thanks!"
~Sarah Otter

~LL
Last edited by Layla Littlenymph on Wed Nov 26, 2014 4:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: updated

Pixie Pwnage

Guild Member

Post Fri Nov 21, 2014 9:55 pm

Re: Goodbye Spooky Town, Hello Harvest Celebration.

Oh wow! This all sounds very mysterious for sure! I can't wait to see what V&H has in store for us! :nodding

Yacking Yeti

Post Sat Nov 22, 2014 5:27 am

MAN I CANT EVEN SIT DOWN RIGHT NOW!!! :applause :applause :applause :applause :applause :applause :applause :applause

Site Admin

Guild Member

Post Sat Nov 22, 2014 10:21 am

Thank you so much for posting this, Layla. :thumbsup

This sounds super exciting and I can't wait to see what the Harvest Celebration will be all about. Improvements in Ranching sounds really good. I do wonder if they also will include a change in regards to the Lucky Cards. I know there have been some ideas discussed on the V&H forum. ;)

Guild Member

Post Sat Nov 22, 2014 4:27 pm

I had actually forgotten about the lucky cards, but it has been hinted that changes would be "coming soon" to that as well.

We will get at least some advance notice concerning Spooky Town and the Harvest festival, but we may just have to wait for next weeks patch to go live before finding out if Ranching and Lucky Card improvements will actually be in the mix as well.

Yacking Yeti

Post Sat Nov 22, 2014 4:32 pm

they should of remover spooky town way before because its not halloween anymore :P

Buzzing Bixie

Guild Member

Post Sat Nov 22, 2014 4:59 pm

That sounds just awesome!!! I can't wait to see what this new patch brings!!!

Guild Member

Post Mon Nov 24, 2014 3:21 pm

Re: *Updated* Goodbye Spooky Town, Hello Harvest Celebration

Updated. See edit at bottom of OP. :up

~LL

Guild Member

Post Wed Nov 26, 2014 2:43 pm

Okay, the harvest festival is now live, and let me be the first to say that I am disappointed.
The very term "festival" brings to mind activities. In a game world, that would be special event zones, and/or seasonal quests. sadly, this so called festival contains none of those. In a nutshell, it is primarily a seasonal market event, introducing new outfits and consumables. it is not that I think the mad otter team has done a bad job here. In fact, they continue to impress me with what such a small dev team is able to accomplish. I simply think that in this instance they gave a false impression of what to expect from the festival.

That said, the Christmas events are just around the corner, so my lust for seasonal content will soon be satisfied.
In addition to that, today's patch brought many new changes to the game, the majority of which i regard as improvements. I am constructing a summary of all those changes and will have it posted (in another thread) asap. If it is not up at the time you read this post, be patient and I will have it up within the hour.

Helpful Hooligan

Guild Member

Post Wed Nov 26, 2014 2:49 pm

ERMERGERSH, they brought the gnong packs from previous events back in the shop. MUST HAVE CRIMSON DESERT TRAVELER SET, which means I need to spend Saturday doing nothing but surveys!!!!!!! :yell :yell :yell

Guild Member

Post Wed Nov 26, 2014 4:18 pm

That they did, Cap.
And quite a few other things as well.

I just posted a new news article with all the details on that, for those that are interested.

Return to V&H News, Updates, and Downtimes