Please see our "A Farewell to Our Friends" topic for a message about the future of our forum community.

Villagers & Heroes - Sands of the Equinox - Patch 2.34.5

Be sure and check here for any news or information about updates to the game.

Site Admin

Guild Member

Post Tue Sep 23, 2014 2:32 am

Villagers & Heroes - Sands of the Equinox - Patch 2.34.5

The new area is coming today and we just can't wait to explore it!

"Explore the Oases of Anuk'Amon, the secret vale of sands, shrouded in mystery and time. Once a year, during the fall equinox, travelers are able to make their way into the sandy dunes and deep oases of Anuk'Amon. The land is covered in the curses of the Pharaohs and Caliphs, and brave adventurers are called far and wide..."

"Several Equinox themed daily quests, including a combat daily, a gathering daily, and a 'fun' daily."

In addition to the Equinox Event Features, this patch also includes improvements and bug fixes.

.... and new outfits! WOOOOT!

Please step inside and read more.

Site Admin

Guild Member

Post Tue Sep 23, 2014 4:13 am

Re: Villagers & Heroes - Sands of the Equinox - Patch 2.34.5

Equinox Event Features

Brand new event zone - The Oases of Anuk'Amon (accessible from Ardent City)

• Level Scaling, all players are welcome!
  • Several Equinox themed daily quests, including a combat daily, a gathering daily, and a 'fun' daily.
  • Zingara Elder Pharaohs - Do you have what it takes to bury the Pharaohs in the sands? Pharaohs have journal bounties like all bounty bosses (including special Pharaoh cache's), are extremely tough like elder bosses, and respawn slowly like zingara (20-70 minutes depending on the Pharaoh). However the bounty reward for Pharaoh's is always active, and never goes on cooldown! If the Pharaoh is destroyed and you are around for credit (using normal kill credit rules), you will get the reward and the Pharaoh's Cache!
    • Just to be clear: because of the recent change in bounty credit rules (Patch 2.32), if a player or group is attacking a pharaoh, and you are nearby, start attacking too! You will get credit and you will not take anything from the original group! Start attacking or healing, just jump into the fray. It takes nothing away from the original group, you help them out, PLUS you get credit and the reward. Everybody wins! Don't wait back, get in there and bury these mummies!
  • Zingara Venerable Caliphs - Similar to the Pharaoh's, but with a much faster respawn times (15-20 minutes). Killing a Caliph also grants a special Caliph Cache that contains various Equinox goodies.
  • Normal Mummy bounties - Several normal bounty bosses as well!

New Outfits

Decorate yourself in the rich royal colors of the Sheikh of the sands, or in the Desert Nomad's mysterious attire. Each outfit has four color variations (a total of 8 outfits). 6 of these can be obtained in the item shop, but 2 can only be obtained in the Oases. Can you collect them all?

Equinox Themed Items

Some available in the item shop and others available in Anuk'Amon.

More gameplay than ever before in an event!

Collect rare outfits, defeat the Pharaohs and the Caliphs, or fight bounty bosses. Explore the sands and fight monsters, enter the Oases to gather fish, ore, fruit, or bugs, and do daily quests. Collect the very rare Vial of the Sands, and then trade them in for outfits, or redeem them to get experience in any one of the ten Village skills. There is a lot to do and a lot to explore in the mysterious Oases of Anuk'Amon!

And as always, patch 2.34 also contains a variety of bug fixes and improvements.

Improvements

Welcome to the Ardent Society!

It is now possible to purchase a membership to the Ardent Society. This membership grants a number of benefits, and is automatically renewed after a certain number of months. Ardent Society Memberships are in no way required, nor will they ever be!

• An active Ardent Society Memberships grants you the following bonuses on every single character on your account:
    • Villager XP Boost: Experience gained from gathering, crafting, gardening, and ranching is increased by 50%.
    • Hero XP Boost: Experience gains from combat and bounties is increased by 50%.
      Unlimited Travel to Travel Pads.
    • Secondary Shared Locker, granting you a bonus 48 slots of vault space. Accessible to all characters on your account.
    • Free Rent on all houses on your account.
    • Every time an Ardent Society Memberships is started, you will get a bonus assortment of goodies, including full heals, full spirits, wobbles remedies, and extra sockets. The amount of goodies received depends on the length of your membership. Additionally, whenever your Ardent Society Memberships renews, you will get all of the items again! The items will be deposited into your item shop bag and can be shared between all of your characters.
  • Ardent Society Memberships can be renewed in the following ways:
    • Monthly (30 days): $7.95 per month
    • Trimonthly (90 days): $21.95
    • Biannual (180 days): $39.95
  • Players who play through Steam or WildTangent cannot purchase an automatically-renewing membership. However, they can purchase a six-month item from the item shop, which will provide them with the benefits of an Ardent Society Memberships for six months, after which they can purchase another one to continue their membership.
  • Please Note: Membership boosts do not stack with currently existing in game effects, including Villager XP potions, Hero XP potions, and Unlimited Travel runes. The tooltips for these items have been updated to include this information, and the description of membership reflects this information as well. As further prevention, if an Ardent Society Memberships is active the game will not allow a player to consume a Hero or Villager potion, as the effect would be overridden. However, if a player already has the effect of the above mentioned items, and activates an Ardent Society Membership, the previous effects will be wasted! So please be cautious when activating a membership to not override any pre-existing items. Mad Otter and Neonga will not grant reimbursements for effects or items lost because of this scenario.

Dodging!

• We have added dodging to the game as a game mechanic.
  • When a player rolls at the correct time (using the Z key or double tapping) they can dodge an attack.
  • The timing of the dodge depends on the monster type, class, and ability. This is for the player to learn.
  • When a player successfully dodges, several things will occur:
    • Floating combat text will rise up, noting the successful dodge
    • If the attack is a normal auto attack, the player will take 0 damage
    • If the attack is a spell, the player will take 50% damage
    • A player will expend 5 spirit. The spirit is ONLY taken if the dodge is a success. Failed dodges or rolls made outside of combat do not cost spirit! The spirit cost is so the player cannot infinitely dodge.
    • All player feats and spells will go on a short 3 second cooldown. This is the main cost to dodging. You dodge, but you have a moment of weakness after the fact.
    • The monster will lose some (not all) aggression towards the successful dodger. This is so tanks cannot 'dodge tank.' It also has the side benefit that a squishy damage dealer can dodge around, take no damage, and have their aggro reduced until the tank can re-pull the enemy.
  • There are a lot of fun situations that can occur with dodging, and we will leave the players up to finding these out! Dodging is fully optional, is not required. Some players may wish to perfect the skill of dodging, other players may never dodge an attack in their life. We are not changing monster difficulty at all to account for dodging, so it if isn't your piece of pie, no worries, the game is just the same.
  • There are a lot of fun situations that can occur with dodging, and we will leave the players up to finding these out! Dodging is fully optional, is not required. Some players may wish to perfect the skill of dodging, other players may never dodge an attack in their life. We are not changing monster difficulty at all to account for dodging, so it if isn't your piece of pie, no worries, the game is just the same.

Chat improvements

• The "All Chat" channel was removed. Instead, you can now shift-click on the chat channel tabs to toggle them, allowing you to customize exactly which ones you want to listen to at any time.
  • If new messages cause a chat channel tab to flash, the tab will be shown even when the chat is minimized.
  • The World chat text color was tweaked slightly to make it more readable.

Other improvements

• We have added Zharim Spring Water, which can be purchased from the item shop. Watering your crops with Zharim Spring Water accelerates growth, doubling the bonus compared to normal water. Watering bonuses are dependent on crop grow time. One Zharim Spring Water can be used to water a single crop a single time, and can only be used when the plant is already thirsty.
  • We added a floating message that appears above plants after you water them. The text will show the player how much time was saved by watering the plant.
    Tweaked the trade in value of crops for magic crops to better reflect the amount of work need for a trade vs just the amount of time the crop grew.
  • We clarified the floating text when a player interacts with a ranch animal. The XP that the animal gains is now in a different color, and contains the animals name to avoid confusion.
  • Hopefully made the chat tab shift-click tooltip clearer.
  • Censure no longer causes chastise
  • Updated several item shop item rarities to make items feel more special. We also added a new category of rarity just for item shop consumables to further clarify for players what items in their inventory are from the item shop (or equivalents)
  • Added refresh time reduction stat to outfit gui stats
  • Based on player feedback, we have made two very slight tweaks to warriors. We have edged down the damage bonus on the warrior talent 'Warrior Strength', and slightly lowered the health bonus on defender gear. These changes were very slight changes! Many players (both warriors and non-warriors) thought that the warrior damage and max health were both too high. After looking through the warrior talents and skills, we felt these passive skills would be the best place to target. These tweaks are the only class balance changes we are making this patch. We want to do very slight changes over the coming builds based solely on player feedback until we can get to a balanced place where all players feel it is fair, and then we will leave it all alone! Thank you for your continued patience.
  • Shift-clicking on an item in the vendor's Repair pane now repairs the item.
  • Shift-clicking on an item while gnogmenting now moves the item into the first open gnogmentation slot.
  • Traven Isles and Zanzidon Grotto had a cosmetic revamp
  • Boosted the drop rate of Pyrrick Acorns in all Pyrron zones.

Bug Fixes

• Fixed a bug causing drag-and-drop into a vault tab to not work.
  • Fixed a bug that was causing the attack speed percent stat in the outfit gui to be incorrect
  • Fixed a few bugs with the quest "Daggertooths Have Feelings Too".
  • Fixed a bug causing greyed-out health bubbles for out-of-zone party members to not show which zone the party member is in.
  • Fixed a bug with gathering charters that caused them to not scale their skill XP reward correctly
  • Fixed: at one of the fishing ponds in Green Gate, next to Dababiteeth, 127 -3 146, the height of the fishing nodes is above the surface of the pond
  • Fixed: shift-click wouldn't toggle sticky cursor. This has been changed so alt-clicking toggle sticky cursor instead.
  • Fixed a bug that was causing certain high level charters to not give information about where to go or track.
  • Hopefully fixed a bug that could cause the code "lmargin:16>" to appear in chat sometimes.
  • Fixed: Using a vim potion while crafting says "Insufficient Vim" wouldn't cause the message to go away.
  • Fixed a bug with Vita that would sometimes not let you accept the quest "Oakworm in a Haystack"
  • Fixed the descriptions in Tailoring and Woodcrafting recipes for the level 75 Rift elder gear
  • Fixed: Robin says: I'm going to have say...
  • Fixed a bug allowing players to write text markup in certain chat channels, messing up the formatting of chat for others.
  • Fixed the double-percent bug.
  • We cleaned up the Cooking tabs in the Knowledge book to now be correct
  • Fixed a bug that was blocking Hero XP effects from working on Elder levels
  • Fixed it so vats in staging chambers no longer play their squish sound if sounds effects are turned off
  • All villager and hero XP potions, and the unlimited travel rune now note that they don't stack with the Ardent Society membership
  • Fixed a bug that was causing the event zones to calculate soak defenses the wrong way (this might make event zones like Blackfury easier for some players)
  • Fixed a bug that was causing healers that were only healing, and not in a party to not get credit for a bounty
  • Fixed an issue with males going bald while wearing the miners hat
  • Tweaked wizards magic missile to make it look better during a launch.
  • Fixed a bug that cause the hunter feats "Noxious Shot" and "Poison Shot" to deal very low amounts of damage at rank 16 and above.
  • Fixed a bug that would sometimes cause players to continually have to verify assets
  • Fixed a bug that would cause Holy Ardor to draw odd black squares below the character
  • Fixed an issue Pinbone giving the staging key at the incorrect time.
  • Fixed the tooltip for the Pyrron Master key, it now says that it does not open the Staging Chambers backdoors (which it never did)
  • Pinbone will replace your Staging Chamber key if you threw it away (but only after you have completed the proper rank of gold for goblins).
  • If you lose your go boom necklace, Pinbone will now replace it (also level the min level to 55 so it was a bit more fun).
  • Fixed a bug that caused the Stone Insurgent belts and gloves to be no trade. These are now are all simply soulbinding (rings were working correctly already).

Brilliant Bandit

Guild Member

Post Tue Sep 23, 2014 5:52 am

Oooh!!! New stuff! :D I'm gonna go to this place as soon as I can and see which outfits we can get from there, if they're sold, and buy them to gnogment :3

I actually have a good idea that it's the nomad outfits you can get from the new area, they seem just so simple and like they wouldn't be in the item shop.

Site Admin

Guild Member

Post Tue Sep 23, 2014 6:12 am

I have briefly visited the new area and I love it! Some of the bounties aren't to difficult to defeat, but some will require team work. I sure hope that I will see many of you in game later so we can explore together. :nodding

Brilliant Bandit

Guild Member

Post Tue Sep 23, 2014 6:22 am

Yay! More bounties to help me reach level 20! XD

Site Admin

Guild Member

Post Tue Sep 23, 2014 9:58 am

This is so super exciting! I can not wait to go in game. I love love love new updates. I can't wait to see all the new things. I better hurry and get my house work done. :-D

Guild Member

Post Tue Sep 23, 2014 10:23 am

Yay!! Thanks for the good info, Rav - this is going to be so much FUN ^_^

Buzzing Bixie

Guild Member

Post Tue Sep 23, 2014 10:43 am

I was in game for a little bit this morning and it is soo cool! :D

Yacking Yeti

Post Tue Sep 23, 2014 7:09 pm

Yup i am lvl 13 and can't wait for the bounties hope they're really good and give or tons of xp cause the quest are just not working for me

Guild Member

Post Tue Sep 23, 2014 8:03 pm

Have not been in-game yet.

It's 11:00 pm. est, and I have been getting a "No servers are up right now. Try reconnecting in a few minutes" message for the past half hour. Hopefully they just took it down for a few tweaks, although there is nothing about additional downtime on the V&H forum. Ah well, back to my book, and try again tomorrow, I guess.

Site Admin

Guild Member

Post Tue Sep 23, 2014 9:15 pm

Yes, they did. There were some issues with the chat and gnogmenting. I was in game until they literally logged me out.

Guild Member

Post Tue Sep 23, 2014 10:53 pm

So I see, and thank you, my dear.

Diet just posted this update on the V&H forum.

"Server Down - Tuesday September 23 Afternoon

Hello everyone,

We will be bringing down the servers in the next few hours to patch a few fixes. Before we bring the servers down, there will be a 30 minute system message. The expected downtime of the servers should be relatively short.

This mini patch fixes the following thigns:

We tweaked down the difficulty of the pharaohs a touch (just slightly) so they didn't take so long
Fixed: subscriptions would sometimes not take off old Villager and Hero XP buffs, and would only pay house rent for one character.
Fixed: Adding Zharim Spring water to your shopping cart would make the store get buggy.
Fixed: Quest XP when you are getting Elder XP was being boosted
Fixed: Bad hole at -350 303 40 in Equinox
Fixed: MOD appearing when getting a whisper"

Site Admin

Guild Member

Post Wed Sep 24, 2014 7:17 pm

Fixed: Bad hole at -350 303 40 in Equinox

I don't know why but this makes me laugh so hard. :lol: :-D :|

Guild Member

Post Wed Sep 24, 2014 10:51 pm

LoL, Steffy!! Reading your note has me tickled ^_^
Last night, we kept seeing "help, I am stuck in a really big hole" and "can't get out"
in the area chat. It kept happening every few minutes there for a while! I never
saw the spot but it must have been quite the trap. So glad they fixed it!

On another note - had SO much fun in the sandy land this afternoon! So many of our
V&H crew friends were there, and we ran from pharaoh to pharaoh battling like crazy.
Those guys take a while to sort ^_^

PS - Is it just me or is that verbena suit just fabulous? i love those colors togethah :thinking

Yacking Yeti

Post Thu Sep 25, 2014 4:40 am

Woot they fixed the elder xp finally!

Yacking Yeti

Post Thu Sep 25, 2014 5:02 am

I played this morning it was really cool the place was packed but the bosses are not (easy)good luck! :)

Site Admin

Guild Member

Post Thu Sep 25, 2014 6:21 pm

They are not easy. Definitely a place to play with friends that is for sure! ;)

Return to V&H News, Updates, and Downtimes