Please see our "A Farewell to Our Friends" topic for a message about the future of our forum community.

Villagers & Heroes - Subscription Packages Coming Soon!

Be sure and check here for any news or information about updates to the game.

Site Admin

Guild Member

Post Thu Sep 18, 2014 6:45 am

Villagers & Heroes - Subscription Packages Coming Soon!

News from the Villagers & Heroes team:

One of the many exciting new features included in our upcoming ‘Sands of the Equinox’ patch will be optional subscription packages available for purchase by our players.

What Does This Mean?

An active Villagers and Heroes subscription grants players the following benefits on every single one of their characters on their account:

۞ Villager XP Boosts: Experience gained from gathering, crafting, gardening, and ranching is increased by 50%. Quest experience is unaffected.
۞ Hero XP Boost: Experience gains from combat and bounties is increased by 50%. Quest experience is unaffected.
۞ Unlimited Travel to Travel Pads.
۞ A Secondary Shared Locker! Players will have 48 more slots of vault space! Accessible to all characters on your account.
۞ Free Rent on all houses on your account.

Every time a subscription is started, you will get a bonus assortment of goodies, including full heals, full spirits, wobbles remedies, and extra sockets. The amount of goodies received depends on the length of your subscription. Additionally, whenever your subscription renews, you will get all of the items again! The items will be deposited into your item shop bag and can be shared between all of your characters.

Subscriptions Can Be Renewed In The Following Ways:

۞ Monthly (30 days): $7.95 per month
۞ Trimonthly (90 days): $21.95
۞ Biannual (180 days): $39.95

Players who play through Steam or WildTangent cannot purchase an automatically-renewing subscription. However, they can purchase a six-month subscription item, which will provide them with the benefits of a subscription for six months, after which they can purchase another one to continue their subscription.

Our subscription packages are entirely optional, and that will never change! But we hope our players will enjoy the many benefits of this easy-to-use system coming out soon!

Site Admin

Guild Member

Post Thu Sep 18, 2014 6:00 pm

Re: Villagers & Heroes - Subscription Packages Coming Soon!

Thanks for posting this Rav. If I understand correctly you don't have to pay to play, just to open these special event worlds right?

Site Admin

Guild Member

Post Thu Sep 18, 2014 11:40 pm

You don't have to pay to open up ‘Sands of the Equinox’ and the new area, which is something that makes me really happy. I would really dislike it if V&H turned in to a game where only those who pay a kind of membership would have access to special areas and events. It is good that they stated this "Our subscription packages are entirely optional, and that will never change! ".

The subscription packages they will offer will only be in regards to the benefits they have listed. I haven't done the math to compare these to those you can buy in game right now, but a "second shared locker" and "free rent" are things which aren't available in the Crown shop today.

Guild Member

Post Fri Sep 19, 2014 3:22 am

It's a little hard to do the math as to whether or not it is a value until we have a better idea of what the goodies are.

I am not at all surprised to see them go in this direction. The free/pay option has become pretty standard in the industry, and some companies do it better than others. Since they do not seem to have placed any restrictions on the content that I currently enjoy, I will probably continue with F2P for a while until I have a better idea what subscription has to offer.

Site Admin

Guild Member

Post Fri Sep 19, 2014 6:05 pm

Oh okay! I see what you mean! Thank you!

Return to V&H News, Updates, and Downtimes