Please see our "A Farewell to Our Friends" topic for a message about the future of our forum community.

V&H Contest for Crowns

Be sure and check here for any news or information about updates to the game.

Pixie Pwnage

Guild Member

Post Fri Jul 04, 2014 12:51 pm

V&H Contest for Crowns

I wanted to enter the Fan Submission Friday Contest over at the Official Villagers and Heroes site, so that I hopefully could win some crowns to use for prizes, and guess what? I WON!! :party
To celebrate, we are having our first ever Contest For Crowns event, here on the site. We have three prizes to give away.

1st place: 100 crowns
2nd place: 75 crowns
3rd place: 50 crowns

You normally are not able to trade crowns, but the wonderful Otter Staff is going to work with us to deliver the crowns directly to the winners in their V&H accounts.

To enter, all you have to do is list your Villagers and Heroes in-game name and then explain three things that you like about the game and why you like them. You have until Sunday July 13th at midnight Eastern time to enter. Steffy and I will use a randomizer to choose the three winners and let you all know on Monday who won.

Congratulations to our winners! :party :thumbsup :party

1st place - daesung
2nd place - Colt Sunbeam
3rd place - Daniella Sparklight

You should be receiving your crowns in game in the next few days.

Be sure and let the wonderful staff of Mad Otter know that we appreciate all their hard work on making the game so much fun!

Jen

Helpful Hooligan

Guild Member

Post Fri Jul 04, 2014 1:06 pm

Re: V&H Contest for Crowns

Congrats Zoo! I'm so happy for you, and I knew you would win :D

IGN: Jenora

What I like about V&H:

1. There is a HUGE variety of things to do in V&H. There is jobs for just about anything you can think of- from Bug Hunting to Ranching, they're all SO fun! Leveling and harvesting keeps me busy, so much that there is never a lack of goals I have when I play.

2. Villagers and Heroes gives me a chance to reconnect with all of my great friends from FR and have a great experience while doing that. The Guild Village in progress will be a great way to meet up with everyone again.

3. The staff/community of V&H is so kind and helpful. I always see Mods strolling around in Ardent City throughout the day and it puts a big smile on my face to know they are there and ready to help everyone. The member base is so involved in everything, from events to being on the forums and are also very friendly. They'll give you a helping hand if you just ask :).

I wish the best of luck to everyone!

Helpful Hooligan

Guild Member

Post Fri Jul 04, 2014 3:43 pm

IGN: Nic Green

V&H Personal Pros:

1. The art style reminds me of old fairy tales from when I was little. It brings back so many wonderful memories. ;)

2. I very much enjoy that you can actually have a farm in your own backyard, and of course naming the animals. How cool is that!

3. The most appealing demographic is how groups, ( or in this case guilds ) can come together and create a custom village just for them! Once again, how cool is that! :-D

Moldy Mushroom

Guild Member

Post Fri Jul 04, 2014 5:15 pm

I am going to leave this contest to the kiddos that don't get as many opportunity's to buy in game stuff but I still want to list my 3 things!

1) I LOVE villages! The chance for a guild to actually band together and use our amazing connections and friendships to accomplish something together to be proud of. It really cannot get anymore awesome than that!

2) That this game has way more levels and areas and the content isn't based so much on fashion. More to do is more time and things to do with our friends!

3) This game has given us all the opportunity to continue to enjoy each other's company and wonderful personalities despite the tragedy that our community has recently weathered. We all can have a new home to strive and grow in as well as make even more new friends!

******NOT A VALID COMPETITION SUBMISSION******

Brilliant Bandit

Guild Member

Post Sat Jul 05, 2014 8:53 am

Yay Zoo! Congrats on the win! ^_^

IGN- Daniella Sparklight

1. In V&H, I think it is just the coolest thing to be able to work together as a team with your guild/village to turn your town into something wonderful. The idea of it is amazing, it's something that will help create a great bond within the guild!

2. The community and staff itself are just amazing people. A couple times, I've had to ask where to find/collect things and I'd get a response very quickly. I've once had it where someone was very generous and donated some coins to me, which I am very very thankful for! (to the guild village, haha!)

3. There are many things to do in V&H! I've never once had it where I couldn't find something to do. The combat system, the ways of gathering, crafting, and questing, they are all so clever!

:mrgreen:

Moldy Mushroom

Guild Member

Post Sat Jul 05, 2014 2:16 pm

IGN: Noah Smurf

What I like about V&H and Why I like them

1. It reminds me of Free Realms where can be in a guild, they have alot of cool things to do like fishing and making clothes.

2. V&H gets all of us connected and have fun and chat and make villages.

3. We will always be there for each other when a friend is in need like we did in Free Realms and help each other in combats

Good Luck Everybody :nodding

Buzzing Bixie

Guild Member

Post Sat Jul 05, 2014 7:10 pm

IGN: Janay Snow

1. It's soo great to see the rest of Mystic Mayhem who couldn't play Landmark and get to know them better and play with them.

2. The things to do. There's so much to do and learn. I love fighting and exploring the areas.

3. Helping other people with their questions and help solve their problems.

(This is an awesome thing you guys are doing :D)

Pixie Pwnage

Guild Member

Post Sun Jul 06, 2014 10:57 am

IGN: skrillexx

1. I love the battling, housing, and village systems. They are all so unique! This is the only game I have ever seen to have a village for guilds!

2. I like farming and feeding my pets in my little farm. It is fun to plant your seeds, and do other fun stuff while waiting! Then I can feed my pets!

3. But most importantly, I love being my friend beloved friends. It is so great to hang out with you guys in game. I hope we can make many memories as we did in Free Realms. ;)
Last edited by Skrillexx on Mon Jul 07, 2014 7:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

Helpful Hooligan

Guild Member

Post Sun Jul 06, 2014 9:46 pm

IGN: Colt Sunbeam

1. I like how we can farm in our gardens, because it reminds me of our old Wilds Farms in FreeRealms. Makes me smile every time.

2. I like how we can have our own animals, and take care of them. It was always something I wanted to happen in FreeRealms, and it is really cool to have a game that has all the aspects of our beloved game and more.

3. I like how the guilds in Villagers and Heroes have more to them than just a tag under our names. In this game, being in a guild means helping and contributing to our village and making it the best it can be.

Brilliant Bandit

Guild Member

Post Mon Jul 07, 2014 10:58 pm

Zoo, you are just amazing. You never cease to amaze me, I love how you've done this for us. :'3

IGN: DaisyEverdeen

1. The overall Gameplay reminds me so much of other games I play, namely RuneScape. They have so many similar concepts that it amazes me; it took no time at all to figure out everything due to that similarity I picked out.

2. The graphics are really good for the type of game it is.

3. It reminds me so much of all the Fairytales I was told/read/came across as a kid. The game literally embodies half of them, if not all of them. A hero to save the day, a medieval town, dangerous creatures; it's one of my favorite types of games.

Mystic Maven

Guild Member

Post Sat Jul 12, 2014 5:25 pm

IG name: Kaya Kittyfeathers

Three things like about V&H & why:

1>Being able to be together and have fun in a game environment as a group & guild again. I have missed being able to be with my friends and guildmates in an online environment V&H gives me that opportunity

2>The higher level of cooperation that the game requires. A major part of the game is doing stuff for and with each other, something that <Mystic Mayhem> and the people of this site have always tried to do. Now we get rewarded for it because our villages: guild or free level up as we do so; not to mention doing things together is a heck of a lot MORE FUN.

3>Gathering and gaining skills is more rewarding than gathering in FR and easier than EQ2. In Free Realms Gathering was a means for finding collections most of which you ended up having to trade with another to complete; gathering in V&H is meaningful everything you gather has a practical use, All skills in FR were Job tied you had to be on the job miner to mine etc. In EQ2 gathering and skills are practical but there is a steeper learning curve because you have to know which piles in which area will level you and you often had to gather the lower level items long past when they gave you experience for the skill; in V&H it is clearly marked which piles trees etc. are which level and it does not matter what level items you are gathering you will be leveled, so if you are a level 10 gatherer but need level 2 items you can gather at a level 2 tree/pile and you will still gain gathering experience. That is a nice plus.

Crafty Chugawug

Guild Member

Post Sun Jul 13, 2014 5:20 pm

IG name: daesung

Three things I like about V%H and why:
1: There's much more to do in V&H than there is in freerealms. The skills take much longer to max than freerealms which creates a sense of hey, I wanna be the best at this.
2: The game brings us together more than freerealms and that too makes the game really fun.
3: I don't think the game requires a membership so that makes the game basically free which attracts more people.

Pixie Pwnage

Guild Member

Post Mon Jul 14, 2014 6:40 am

Congratulations to our winners! :party :thumbsup :party

1st place - daesung
2nd place - Colt Sunbeam
3rd place - Daniella Sparklight

You should be receiving your crowns in game in the next few days.

Be sure and let the wonderful staff of Mad Otter know that we appreciate all their hard work on making the game so much fun!

Crafty Chugawug

Guild Member

Post Mon Jul 14, 2014 7:28 am

Wow! First competition I've ever won something in. Thanks so much guys :D

Jen

Helpful Hooligan

Guild Member

Post Mon Jul 14, 2014 7:40 am

Congratulations guys! I'm so happy for you!! :D :party

Moldy Mushroom

Guild Member

Post Mon Jul 14, 2014 7:57 am

Congratulations to the winners!! :applause :party

Guild Member

Post Mon Jul 14, 2014 9:46 am

Congratulations to all of you! :thumbsup

Brilliant Bandit

Guild Member

Post Mon Jul 14, 2014 10:01 am

Wow! Thank you so much!!
Congrats to all the other winners! :applause

Helpful Hooligan

Guild Member

Post Mon Jul 14, 2014 10:05 am

Wow! Thank you so so so so so so soooo much!

Helpful Hooligan

Guild Member

Post Mon Jul 14, 2014 1:02 pm

Congratulations you three!
Next

Return to V&H News, Updates, and Downtimes