Please see our "A Farewell to Our Friends" topic for a message about the future of our forum community.

for Starry

A place to discuss anything related to Villagers and Heroes.

Guild Member

Post Tue Nov 25, 2014 12:54 am

for Starry

Guys, I just found out that one of our sweet friends from V&H is very sick.
Starry Knight -- please keep her in your thoughts and prayers.
She is in the hospital and had a very rough day today. She is no longer
in critical condition, but she is very sick with some pneumonia and
other issues an will have a long recovery.

Will post as I hear updates ♥Ahli

Buzzing Bixie

Guild Member

Post Tue Nov 25, 2014 5:12 am

Re: for Starry

Oh my! I know Starry!! I will be keeping her in my thoughts and prays!!

Helpful Hooligan

Guild Member

Post Tue Nov 25, 2014 5:43 am

I have never met her, but I assure you she'll be in my prayers this week!

Guild Member

Post Tue Nov 25, 2014 11:36 am

sad news for a time of year when we are often occupied with more joyful matters, yet I am glad you have taken the time and trouble to let us know, Ahli.

Our thoughts will be with you and those near you, Starry, as you recover from this ordeal.
We look forward to the time when you will be able to be with us again, and will be here for you when you are able to return.
Until that day, take these wishes that all good things will come to you and yours.

Guild Member

Post Tue Nov 25, 2014 11:02 pm

A little more info today...
Starry is in critical but stable condition and is breathing with a vent right now.
She was a little better today - it looks like tiny steps right now and will be a long
recovery. Thanks for remembering her! Please keep it up ♥

I will update when I hear anything new. Hugs!

Buzzing Bixie

Guild Member

Post Wed Nov 26, 2014 8:38 am

That's for the update. I will continue to keep her in my thoughts.

Yacking Yeti

Post Wed Nov 26, 2014 11:42 am

Even though I don't know her I will keep her in my prayers God Bless America!

Guild Member

Post Thu Nov 27, 2014 9:54 am

Starry made some progress yesterday - she was alert and trying
to talk. Still on the vent, last I heard. The doctors are pleased with her progress.

Will add to this post if I hear more today ♥

Yacking Yeti

Post Thu Nov 27, 2014 10:14 am

Ahliadre wrote:Starry made some progress yesterday - she was alert and trying
to talk. Still on the vent, last I heard. The doctors are pleased with her progress.

That sounds very good :thumbsup

Buzzing Bixie

Guild Member

Post Thu Nov 27, 2014 2:17 pm

Ahliadre wrote:Starry made some progress yesterday - she was alert and trying

That's awesome!! :) glad to hear she is doing better!

Site Admin

Guild Member

Post Fri Nov 28, 2014 6:57 am

Starry is just such a sweet and helpful person. I was so sad when one of her guild members told me earlier this week about her condition. I am for sure keeping her in my thoughts.

Mystic Maven

Guild Member

Post Sat Nov 29, 2014 3:26 pm

Glad she is doing better

Guild Member

Post Tue Dec 02, 2014 11:53 am

Thanks so much to all of you for the notes and thoughts and prayers ♥
I will keep updating as often as I hear word.

Here is the latest from Zazie & Owlzy in Sapphire Dragon (Starry's guild) rec'd today:

Starry is still in critical to stable condition. She's taken a turn for the worse though: There were problems with her urine not being filtered properly (which they think is related to the ventilator), and so they had to put her back on the paralyzing drugs…..In other words, she's in a medically-induced coma once again. It sounds like this sometimes happens (things get worse before they get better), so while it isn't the greatest news, it isn't the worst either. Starry's friend who's been visiting her in the hospital keeps reminding Starry that we're all thinking about her & send her lots of hugs. Our Dragon family near & far (including friends in other guilds) has been strong & supportive during this rough time for all of us…..Please feel free to share these updates with your guildies and all of Starry's many friends....

Buzzing Bixie

Guild Member

Post Tue Dec 02, 2014 1:20 pm

I'll continue to think about her keep her in my prayers. I hope she recovers soon!

Guild Member

Post Sat Dec 06, 2014 2:45 am

Unfortunately, I have some sad news to share. Zazie posted this over on the V&H forums.

It is difficult to write this update. Our dear friend and fellow guildie Starry Knight passed away this afternoon at about 3:10 PST. She had been in the hospital for about 3 weeks, and the damage was too great for her to overcome. They took her off the ventilator, and she passed away peacefully and in no pain. She was suffering from Acute Respiratory Distress Syndrome and sepsis resulting from pneumonia.

Plans for an event to honor her memory will be forthcoming. We're also discussing a guestbook or website to allow us all to remember her. We all loved her dearly and would like to share our stories about her with each other. We all have fond memories of how we met her, how she helped us, funny things she frequently said, etc. Her generosity, spirit, and humor were loved by us all and will not be forgotten.

Zazie

Sapphire Dragons guild
US Server 1

Sarah Otter made a reply post in that thread, which was very nice to read:

On-line game communities are still relatively new to me, so I was unprepared for the giant, very real, punch in the stomach and the ache that follows when I heard the terrible news tonight about the passing of Starry Knight.

This little game exists because of individuals like Starry, keeps us lit – her passion, her analytical critiques, her unending willingness to always help out others. A burning flame has gone out tonight. Thank you, Starry, for sharing your warmth with us.

Mad Otter plans on creating an in-game tribute to Starry, so that she will forever be immortalized within Villagers and Heroes.

If you can, please visit the thread on the V&H forums and post your condolences. We will post updates here with information about the memorial event and game tribute as we receive it.

Please keep her family, friends, and guildies in your thoughts and prayers.

Yacking Yeti

Post Sat Dec 06, 2014 5:54 am

Now she passed away :cry: :cry: !!! Hope she is in heaven have the time of her life

Site Admin

Guild Member

Post Sat Dec 06, 2014 6:32 am

This is just so sad news. I will forever remember Starry for her kindness, humor and helpfulness. She was such a wonderful woman.

Buzzing Bixie

Guild Member

Post Sat Dec 06, 2014 6:40 am

This is such sad news. I will always remember when she tried to help us in the Mid summer event. She was such a nice person.

Guild Member

Post Thu Dec 11, 2014 7:53 pm

This thread has been locked so that the conversation can be continued in a thread more suitable to the circumstances (see below).

For those wishing to make further comments, please do so on the Celebration For Starry - 12/13 thread in the Events section of the V&H board.

You can also find details there for the "Celebration of Life" event, for those that wish to attend it this this coming Saturday (12-13-2014).

This weeks regular Saturday event, hosted by the <Mystic Mayhem> guild in V&H, has been canceled so as not to interfere with the celebration.
Normal events schedule will resume on 12-20-2014.

~LL

Return to V&H General Discussion