Please see our "A Farewell to Our Friends" topic for a message about the future of our forum community.

IDEA

A place to discuss anything related to Villagers and Heroes.

Brilliant Bandit

Guild Member

Post Sat Feb 28, 2015 8:23 am

IDEA

Remember how in the Free Realms tab there was trading? Why not do it in V&H!

Guild Member

Post Sat Feb 28, 2015 10:22 am

Re: IDEA

As in a Marketplace Board on the forum?

Brilliant Bandit

Guild Member

Post Sat Feb 28, 2015 2:09 pm

Sorta. Not auction though that's too complicated

Guild Member

Post Sat Feb 28, 2015 2:54 pm

Okay, I think I gotcha.
Thanks for the suggestion.

The other mods will spank me for saying this because market boards are notoriously difficult to moderate, but I like the idea of a market board for any game where P2P trading is allowed.

That said, I do not think this section has enough traffic to actually support a dedicated market board.
Speaking for myself, I would not be adverse to anyone posting a thread in this section if they have something to offer for trade, or are looking for a specific item. If we had enough activity of that nature, then the need for a market board would be obvious and the staff would take it under consideration.

A better option at this time for those that are interested in trading would be to check out the Official V&H forum where a market board is already established, and the traffic flow is higher. You would have much better success there, even if we did have a market board up and running.

Trouble Maker

Post Sat Feb 28, 2015 3:50 pm

Alita does not think Layla has spent much time on the market board at the V&H site. :P

To be fair though, Alita does not think V&H lends itself to trading like Free Realms did. A big hunk of what Alita sees trading hands are items needed to fill quest and crafting needs.

On the other hand, Alita has not seen a more active market for V&H anywhere else, so perhaps the idea has merit after all.

* Disclaimer:

Alita does not maintain an account on the V&H forum, but merely lurks there in order to glean the news.
Don't judge her!

Brilliant Bandit

Guild Member

Post Sat Feb 28, 2015 6:08 pm

Layla Littlenymph wrote:Okay, I think I gotcha.
Thanks for the suggestion.

The other mods will spank me for saying this because market boards are notoriously difficult to moderate, but I like the idea of a market board for any game where P2P trading is allowed.

That said, I do not think this section has enough traffic to actually support a dedicated market board.
Speaking for myself, I would not be adverse to anyone posting a thread in this section if they have something to offer for trade, or are looking for a specific item. If we had enough activity of that nature, then the need for a market board would be obvious and the staff would take it under consideration.

A better option at this time for those that are interested in trading would be to check out the Official V&H forum where a market board is already established, and the traffic flow is higher. You would have much better success there, even if we did have a market board up and running.

Well maybe I could set it up in discussion? Just find someone to trade with in there I guess. I can set up a list of traders and what some people may want. I only say this because more than half of the FRM community is inactive on there. (Sorry)

Guild Member

Post Sat Feb 28, 2015 7:10 pm

Hi Sweet (: It's a great idea - thanks so much for posting!
I agree that right now we are not in great need of a trading board here on the forum.

Always give a shout in the guild chat if there is an item you are searching for! And there
is the Auction House in game that we can use, too.

Having said that, you know how much I LOVE to trade!
So I have high hopes for this for someday (: Hugs ♥

Moldy Mushroom

Post Tue Mar 03, 2015 9:05 am

How about post this idea on V&H forums and see what others think of it.

Return to V&H General Discussion