Please see our "A Farewell to Our Friends" topic for a message about the future of our forum community.

Landmark Update Notes For This Week's Downtime 08/06/2014

Official Landmark news, updates, and down times.

Pixie Pwnage

Guild Member

Post Wed Aug 06, 2014 1:44 pm

Landmark Update Notes For This Week's Downtime 08/06/2014

Dexella has posted that the planned game update has been rescheduled to Thursday, August 7 at 10:00am Pacific, 11:00am Mountain, Noon Central and 1:00pm Eastern. Here are the Update Notes for this weeks downtime. They were posted by Fairan over on the Landmark Official Forums.
The thing that I am most excited about is that guilds are going to be added.
<Mystic Mayhem> will soon be making legends in Landmark.
:nodding

Guilds
Guilds are here! Join up with your friends and make a name for yourselves in Landmark.
Click here to see all the details of this robust system.

New Materials
Glass Voxels are now here! This material can be crafted at a forge or smelter using sand. This material is located at the bottom of the Stone category.
New Ice Materials! We've taken advantage of the new tech we made to support water and glass, and made a new Ice textures that are actually transparent. Note that we did not overwrite the current ice texture, but instead added these new ones in addition to the old ones.
We've also made a small change to the Water material. We felt (and received feedback) that the water was a bit too static, so the material animates a bit more.

Multi-Screenshot functionality for Claims
Much like how you can take multiple screenshots for your Templates and Player Studio items, you can now take up to four screenshots to display your claim in the Gallery.
New Props

Since SOE Live is imminent, we wanted to release some cool props for you to decorate your claim with - so let’s have a party! (Images below!)
Goblet
Drinking Horn
Mug
Stein
Large Stemmed Goblet
Short Stemmed Glass
Medium Stemmed Glass
Medium Stemmed Goblet
Tall Stemmed Glass
Large Stemmed Glass
Medium Keg
Bread 1
Bread 2
Pink Cake
Chocolate Cake
Buttercream Cake
Roasted Meat 1
Roasted Meat 2
Small Keg
Barrels
Spotlights
Blue Spotlight
Green Spotlight
Indigo Spotlight
Orange Spotlight
Red Spotlight
Violet Spotlight
White Spotlight
Yellow Spotlight
We've also added all of these to bundles that can be purchased in the Marketplace.

New Outfits
We've added Planetside-themed tints to the Commander's Gear, which can be purchased in the Marketplace!
Choose from the New Conglomerate, Terran Republic, or the Vanu Soverignty!

Claim Upkeep Change
The maximum time that upkeep can be paid in advance has been increased to 15 days, up from 8.
There will now be an upkeep payment reminder sent out 3 days before a claim expires. The previous reminder occurred 1 hour before expiration.

Voxel Vision
VV has received a bit of a revamp from the code side, in order to increase performance.
Curved / contoured surfaces should now display with more accuracy.
The client should no longer stall significantly when attempting to display detailed geometry.
Attempting to build with Voxel Vision active should not result in single digit FPS.

Steam Friends
Upon login, all Steam friends that are also logged-in will be auto-added to the Landmark friends list, as long as they aren't ignoring you, and vice-versa.
This only works if each player is logged into Landmark. A Steam friend that is logged in, but not into Landmark won't get added until they actually enter the game while you are also in.
Once added, a Steam-enabled user won't need to log in with steam to retain the Landmark friends association (unless a friend is removed, obviously).

Bug Fixes
Fixed an issue with the Sickle in the Starter Pack not functioning correctly.
Deleting your surfacecache folder will no longer result in missing terrain.
Addressed an issue that let you continue to swim in the air, after exiting a water volume.

Yacking Yeti

Guild Member

Post Wed Aug 06, 2014 1:53 pm

Re: Landmark Update Notes For This Week's Downtime 08/06/201

That's some good cake you have there... It'd be a shame if some one took it from you... Candy-Thief

Brilliant Bandit

Guild Member

Post Wed Aug 06, 2014 8:22 pm

Hoping I can get my dad off his computer so I can get on and check these new updates out tomorrow after Band Practice- and to go ahead and pay my Upkeep up to the new 15 days.

I hope by Barrels they mean like real barrels not the kegs. <.< Because if so, I'm gonna make a tribute to PewDiePie with some Barrels in it somewhere. xD Take a screenshot and tweet it to Pewds. Be like "Can you spot all the barrels?"

Site Admin

Guild Member

Post Wed Aug 06, 2014 10:03 pm

I agree, Zoo. The most exciting news are the introduction of guilds. I do wonder how that will work.

Helpful Hooligan

Guild Member

Post Thu Aug 07, 2014 10:13 am

I posted Dexella's Guild Guide here on the site just now. Here it is!

Pixie Pwnage

Guild Member

Post Fri Aug 08, 2014 8:26 am

Thanks so much for posting that, Colt!

Yacking Yeti

Guild Member

Post Fri Aug 15, 2014 10:12 am

Wow! Can't wait to get my hands on those yummy goodies!

Site Admin

Guild Member

Post Sun Aug 17, 2014 8:41 pm

I know!! It makes me want to build a bakery! LOL!

Return to Landmark News, Updates and Downtimes