Please see our "A Farewell to Our Friends" topic for a message about the future of our forum community.

Landmark Weekend Wrap Up - 6/14/14

Official Landmark news, updates, and down times.

Jen

Helpful Hooligan

Guild Member

Post Sat Jun 14, 2014 9:49 am

Landmark Weekend Wrap Up - 6/14/14

Just a recap over what happened this week from Emily (Domino), a Landmark Dev. Enjoy!

Happy weekend!

It was a super busy week for us here! As you no doubt noticed, caves and the ability to swim in water went live on Monday, and everybody seems to have been busy spelunking and swimming since. If you haven't had a chance to log in yet and check out caves you can see a short video of caves right here, but believe me, they're even more stunning in person. Definitely read the full update notes posted Monday, because there's a ton of additional details in there that you may need to know. Potions! Resource detection! Plant harvesting changes! Rare tree changes!

On Monday several of us went up to the E3 trade show in LA to show off the game to press and potential players, give demos, and generally lose our voices talking about Landmark. We all wore our Landmark t-shirts from J!NX and I am really impressed by the comfort of the shirts (although I'll warn ladies to order a size bigger than normal as they run a little small; I'd wear a size large, if that helps judge).

Dave, Terry, and Smed too gave lots of good interviews some of which are already out and no doubt more still to come. Here's a few that are out already:
•Smed talks about the future of game development
•Dave's interview with GameSpot
•Terry talks to TenTonHammer
•Dave and Terry discuss Landmark hands-on with PCGamer
Back in the office, the majority of the team continued the hard work of adding features to the game. We didn't have a full length Wednesday livestream this week due to people being out at E3 and illness, but we did stream Jeff and Rosie talking more Dark Elf Workshop. If you missed seeing it live, you can catch up here, and don't forget to keep an eye on the Workshop forum too. This week we're asking for your feedback on what color palettes you think suit the dark elves best - check the images in the blog post for image examples!

Over on our EverQuest Next sibling site, Bill Trost talked with Omeed Dariani about which infamous EQ enemies would you like to see terrorizing newbies in EQNext. This was a great question to answer, and did you know Bill Trost is the man who originally created Fippy Darkpaw? Now that's a claim to fame!

We hope everyone had a great week exploring caves and finding all the new treasures - here's a great video in which some Landmark characters show off the super fun gliding effect of the Belt of the Zephyr they found in cave treasure chests. Can't wait to find one for myself too - be seeing you underground soon!

**Copied and pasted from the official Landmark forums**

Helpful Hooligan

Guild Member

Post Sat Jun 14, 2014 11:48 am

Re: Landmark Weekend Wrap Up - 6/14/14

I need to get me one of those! :idea:

Helpful Hooligan

Guild Member

Post Sat Jun 14, 2014 12:24 pm

Re: Landmark Weekend Wrap Up - 6/14/14

Agreed! I definitely need one! Haha!

Return to Landmark News, Updates and Downtimes