Please see our "A Farewell to Our Friends" topic for a message about the future of our forum community.

How-to-set-up VOIP

Post your Landmark guides, hints, and tips, here.

Buzzing Bixie

Guild Member

Post Mon Jan 12, 2015 7:12 am

How-to-set-up VOIP

With the newest update that brought in monsters, it also brought in something known as VOIP. VOIP is Voice chat. So if you have a microphone, you will be able to speak into your computer, and other people can hear you and they can talk to you also if they have a microphone. Please note you don't NEED to use voice chat if you're uncomfortable with other people hearing you speak. It is perfectly fine.

This is a how-to on how to set up VOIP as there are a few confusing parts to it that makes it so no one can hear you. Please follow carefully I will try to explain is as easily as possible(with pictures, too!) . If you have anymore questions, please contact me and I'll try to solve the problem! :)

Make sure your microphone is set up. If it isn't set up then you won't be able to talk! You have made sure it is set up and it is a working microphone. After that, in game, in the chat pannel, click that little button seen in the picture.
----
This button takes you to this screen seen below:
This panel here shows the different channels you can speak in to the right and who is in range on the left. As you can see, I only see proximity channel and I am the only one in range. This is a channel where anyone and everyone can here you who is in range of the channel. I'm not for sure how far the channel goes, but it's not a long range. There is also another channel which is the one I normally use. This is party channel. Party channel is the channel that if you're in a party, only the people in the party can hear you. It would pop up underneath or above the proximity one depending if you're using is or not. Since I'm not in a party, I can't show it to you. I think they have also said they will be adding a guild channel, but I'm not sure. To change what channel you're talking in, you simple check the channel(also note, if you don't have the channel checked, you won't be able to hear anyone who is using voice chat). The yellow line should change from proximity to party. If it doesn't, you'll have to uncheck voice chat enabled, and recheck it then check party chat . That should make it so you're talking in party. Make sure you have party chat CHECKED. If you don't have it checked, you won't hear anyone in party chat.

The next thing is, going to Voice Chat Settings. This is where the fun stuff starts! Clicking the Voice Chat Settings takes you to this:

These are my settings so yours aren't going to be the same. What I mean by that, is the microphone. I use a Realtek mic so I have that set as my mic and my speakers I use my Realtek speakers so I set those. Make sure you put down the microphone you're using and speakers. If it shows only Default System Device, that is what you would use. Now this is where it gets important.
If you are using a laptop that does not have a key pad(Note: This is NOT the numbers over the letters on the keyboard. This is the pad NEXT to the keyboard.), to talk you'll have to un-check push to talk. Since they have not put in the option to change what button to press to push to talk, this is the only way laptop users can talk. What this means is when noise is heard, it will be broadcast into game. What push to talk does is you have to press a button before anyone can hear you. Also, please make sure to take NUMLOCK off if you have it on.
These are the buttons for Push to talk:
Keypad 4=Proximity
Keypad 7=Party Chat
If you find that to hard, you can simply uncheck push to talk.
Another thing is, you'll want to have Enable voice checked if you don't have it checked, you won't be able to voice chat. You will still be able to hear other people, though.

Closing notes:
Make sure you have Voice Chat enabled CHECKED
Make sure you have proximity channel AND party channel(if you're in one) CHECKED
Make sure Enable Voice is CHECKED if you want to communicate by voice.
Make sure Push to talk is UNCHECKED if you're a laptop user (or you don't want to push a button to talk)
Make sure the yellow line is UNDER the channel you wish to speak in.
If you are in a party, make sure PARTY CHANNEL has the yellow line UNDER it. If not, uncheck voice chat enabled and recheck it.

Thank you for reading. I hope this clears up confusion and doesn't make more. Comment any questions you have and I'll try to answer them as clearly as possible! :)

-Janay

Site Admin

Guild Member

Post Tue Jan 13, 2015 5:52 am

Re: How-to-set-up VOIP

Jan, thank you so much for making this guide. You have done a great job and I am sure that this will be very helpful for all Landmark players. :nodding :applause

Return to Guides, Hints and Tips