Please see our "A Farewell to Our Friends" topic for a message about the future of our forum community.

Guild Wars 2 Discussion Thread - Heart of Thorns Hypetrain!

You can chat about the other games you play here.

Yacking Yeti

Guild Member

Post Sat Jan 24, 2015 12:03 pm

Re: Guild Wars 2 Discussion Thread - Heart of Thorns? Specul

I think I might get GW2!
I haven't played a game with you all in so long.

Helpful Hooligan

Guild Member

Post Sat Jan 24, 2015 12:22 pm

Join us Denton!!!!!

Yacking Yeti

Guild Member

Post Sat Jan 24, 2015 12:25 pm

THE GUILD WARS 2 75% OFF SALE ($10.00 for the game ONLY have to pay ONCE) HAS STARTED NOW!

Yacking Yeti

Guild Member

Post Sat Jan 24, 2015 12:40 pm

Grayson Stonyhammer wrote:THE GUILD WARS 2 75% OFF SALE ($10.00 for the game ONLY have to pay ONCE) HAS STARTED NOW!

Then I'm down! I'll let you know when I get it.

Yacking Yeti

Guild Member

Post Sat Jan 24, 2015 12:55 pm

Do you think I'll still be able to play?
It says I meet the requirements but don't have a good enough Video Card. I'm confused.

Jen

Helpful Hooligan

Guild Member

Post Sat Jan 24, 2015 1:46 pm

Denton wrote:Do you think I'll still be able to play?
It says I meet the requirements but don't have a good enough Video Card. I'm confused.

I think you should be fine Denton, just lower your graphics a bit (they're awesome either way)! Add me IG- my username is Jenora.2608, I'll be glad to help with anything you need!

Moldy Mushroom

Post Sat Jan 24, 2015 7:29 pm

Eeeeeee! All the new people! WE SHALL TAKE OVER THE WO-... I mean... I look forward to playing with all of ya! <3 Heh, heh heh... >.>

Yacking Yeti

Guild Member

Post Sat Jan 24, 2015 7:36 pm

Megari wrote:Eeeeeee! All the new people! WE SHALL TAKE OVER THE WO-... I mean... I look forward to playing with all of ya! <3 Heh, heh heh... >.>

Literally me. :-D
Jen wrote:I think you should be fine Denton, just lower your graphics a bit (they're awesome either way)! Add me IG- my username is Jenora.2608, I'll be glad to help with anything you need!

Okay. One more question. Let's say you buy and then get a new computer. Do you have to buy it again?

Jen

Helpful Hooligan

Guild Member

Post Sat Jan 24, 2015 7:43 pm

Denton wrote:
Megari wrote:Eeeeeee! All the new people! WE SHALL TAKE OVER THE WO-... I mean... I look forward to playing with all of ya! <3 Heh, heh heh... >.>

Literally me. :-D
Jen wrote:I think you should be fine Denton, just lower your graphics a bit (they're awesome either way)! Add me IG- my username is Jenora.2608, I'll be glad to help with anything you need!

Okay. One more question. Let's say you buy and then get a new computer. Do you have to buy it again?

Nope! You just log into your account and redownload it on the new one, but it'll still take just as long LOL.

Yacking Yeti

Guild Member

Post Sun Jan 25, 2015 9:35 am

I can't believe so many people are getting this game!!! JOIN US ON THE HENGE OF DENRAVI SERVER!!! :-D

Helpful Hooligan

Guild Member

Post Sun Jan 25, 2015 10:23 am

The old gang is getting back together....... kinda.......

My username is Kalen Rand.1307

Moldy Mushroom

Post Sun Jan 25, 2015 11:06 am

On an entirely separate note, who watched the PAX stream for the expansion? Who's excited!? :D I ammmmmmmm!

Yacking Yeti

Guild Member

Post Sun Jan 25, 2015 1:33 pm

Just got Digital Deluxe. So excited!

Witty Wizard

Guild Member

Post Sun Jan 25, 2015 6:05 pm

Just purchased the Deluxe Edition :) hope to play with some of you soon :)

Yacking Yeti

Guild Member

Post Mon Jan 26, 2015 6:09 pm

Finished making my character! See you all in the Henge of Denravi Server.

Brilliant Bandit

Guild Member

Post Tue Jan 27, 2015 9:30 pm

EEEEEE! New people! Don't forget to add me: Jinora.4127
I'm always open to helping anyone no matter what I'm doing.
er- unless i'm in the middle of a guild World vs World zerg, world boss train, event, fractal, dungeon.. >.>

Hope you guys have fun playing!

Brilliant Bandit

Guild Member

Post Tue Jan 27, 2015 9:33 pm

SPOILERS IF YOU HAVEN'T DONE LIVING STORY OR SEEN THE VIDEO OF THE TRAILER/LIVE STREAM FROM PAX. DO NOT CLICK ON THE SPOILER AND READ IF YOU HAVE NOT SEEN EITHER OF THEM OR DON'T WANT SPOILERS

You have been warned.

OKAY on the Heart of Thorns thing, they mentioned how the Sylvari have finally felt Mordremoth's Call and some/many have embraced it. In the trailer, you can only REALLY tell the Nightmare Court has BUT I feel that in the future, they will change Sylvari character creation and tutorial and maybe add in how they are servants of the dragon and then later in their personal story they must choose: Fight for Mordremoth and become a Mindless (probably) Mordrem OR resist the Call and Fight Against him for as long as they possibly can.

If you've done the Living Story, you'll see the Shadow of the Dragon. If you have a Sylvari, you've seen the same Shadow of the Dragon - a Shadow of Mordremoth, blocking your Sylvari's awakening and entrance into the world. It's just said to be the Shadow of Zhaitan, but it's the Shadow of Mordremoth if you've clicked those two events together (Living Story and Sylvari Tutorial). BUT, again, it's said to be your Sylvari's Wyld Hunt to kill Zhaitan although due to the shadow being of Mordremoth I believe a Sylvari character's Wyld Hunt is actually to kill Mordremoth and (hopefully/maybe) free the Sylvari of the Dragon's influence where they are no longer Dragon Minions but if anyone finds out about them once Mordremoth is dead if the Sylvari are still alive (and not tied to him somehow so they don't die with him) then they may not be welcome anywhere in the world of Tyria again.
Last edited by Brooke Emeraldflame on Tue Feb 03, 2015 12:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Witty Wizard

Guild Member

Post Wed Jan 28, 2015 2:34 am

When it was on sale I was like: "I'm so gonna buy it!!!" but now I'm like: "I dont got time for that" ... I'm so fickle

Helpful Hooligan

Guild Member

Post Wed Jan 28, 2015 12:13 pm

Bad dancing potato man, bad

Witty Wizard

Guild Member

Post Thu Jan 29, 2015 6:23 pm

What location & server is every one playing on so I can join up with you all?
PreviousNext

Return to Other Games People Play